Thursday, September 07, 2006

good-by F-word.

I HAVE A JOB. Can you imagine, me, sitting behind a desk? Hooray to the high heavens- and I was almost about to believe they’ve given up on me.

Permanent work is a copywriting gig I stumbled upon in Jobstreet. After weeks of dragging myself (sometimes reluctantly, especially when it’s 6:30 am on a Saturday or 9:30 pm on a Monday) to interviews- from industries as varied as telemarketing, ESL, and inbound assistance, I met this Something I think I can do (and love). And yey, it decided to hug me back. So now, I’m a committed girl reading about what makes an effective copy and trying to learn some effective and helpful trade tricks. I’m excited and nervous and a bit expectant.

Although tempted to act like a fresh grad being an office newbie, I try to project a more grown-up exterior (naks!). A few months ago, Trixie and I were discussing how much we hated being treated like greenhorns because as much as it cuts you some slack, in a way it somehow puts a limitation above your head. And so I tell myself, this time, I don’t want that anymore. With a little help from above, I hope to avoid past work foibles. And sincerely learn to love this lovable thingy.

Because the world looks promising (and "promising", in my book, is defined by an attribute Mich and I agreed as essential: the importance to have something to look forward to), I leave you with this quote from St. John:

"I am not made or unmade by the things that happen to me but by my reaction to them.’

No comments: