Sunday, December 30, 2007

worms for the the new year

the past few days had me nearly hyperventilating. the cause? barely 15minutes after opening my pc, the whole thing would freeze. new processes, folders would refuse to open and the thing just won't properly shut down. i really thought Lappy the pc is giving out on me or has some serious memory problems which i'd be helpless against since:

a.) i didn't bring my installers and drivers here (stupid!)
b.) i wouldn't know how to ask them japanese computer guys to fix my pc problem, and even if i could ask our Japanese school person to help me --
c.) i don't think they'd be too happy to help me fix Lappy, since well, I'm kinda using a pirated program

so like a lover spurned, i was walking around for days worried sick in a state of panic and melodrama. hindi makatulog, hindi makakain, hindi ma-feel ang Happy New Year.

but yay, after a few sleepless nights and bugging the boyfriend to help, finally weeded out what's been causing Lappy's diminished health -- a few worms and 2 viruses. (okay, isa pang stupid move - not having any antivirus programs while brazenly downloading/watching countless TV shows).

which brings me to the point i'd like to make, i really am internet depedent here. it's my social life. my getaway. my version of SM North Edsa here in Fukui. the internet holds one of the key to my staying powers here -- as long as i can talk to my friends online (ym), get updated with some of the more important things going on in their lives, I'll be fine.

hence, the thought that if Lappy dies, being alone and friendless here would become too unbearable. i'd be too miserable. and i'd probably resort to these two desperate options:

a.) pack my bags and leave for home, quick! but well, i can't really do that now since airfares are too expensive because of the holidays. i'd have to wait until february til they're normal again. february? that's a whole month of being internet-less, multiply-less at home. nah, that's way too long.
b.) acquire a new laptop. pero wala pakong budget. *sniff. it'd mean being in debt for a while. which would mean being morally obliged to stay here longer to pay off the new laptop cost. (and i soooo wanna go home!)

so ayun. buti na lang happy ending. well, not quite. i still have to end (a few) processes everytime i log on. but at least now i get a bit of my internet life back. and i can sleep and eat normally again. allow me to say this though: (in jologs arm-raising, finger-pointing mode) SH*T NYO, WORMS, VIRUSES, TROJANS! PH*KYO, y'all! INTERNETSCUMS *^^$%#*^#&^@&* %#*^#&^!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to EVERYONE! :)


No comments: