Friday, October 19, 2007

the start of the housekeeping adventure

Earlier today, the boss took me to the discount store to buy some curtains and a fold-up bed. My first ever curtains -- fascinating! :p

Because I was feeling girly, I chose the ones in old rose (not the yellows, the blues or the whites -- since it's my house, gotta have a little tinge of pink, bebe!) I'm planning to make my small room a total chick unit. haha.

Homesickness aside, I'm really excited to live on my own. Maybe I will discover a Martha Stewart lurking within me.

;)

Learning to do housework is actually one of the reasons why I wanted to work and live overseas. My bestfriends and boyfriend know how hopeless I am when it comes to taking care of myself - I can't cook to save my life (case in point: I managed to turn kropek into charcoal and pancakes into something my usually matakaw lil' bro just won't touch) and I'm a total slob; totally hopeless when it comes to keeping my room spic-and-span (um...i have too much papers and readings, like those Kom 2 readings from 2001 or Philippine Art readings from 2002. They might come in handy, you know).

So I'm kinda hoping my pink curtains bring salvation. Lately, I've managed to fry edible porkchops and fried chicken - something my lil' bro ate and actually found yummy. Oh, and I've mastered the art of making French Toasts, too. Look Marco, I'm cooking! :p

Next stop: getting acquainted with the washing machine and making nice Mr. Vacuum.

(pictures to come soon!)






No comments: